If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

No Sound

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
Gamer412021

No Sound

Post by Gamer412021 »

So I am episode 8, and I tried going back to a dialogue (scroll and middle click) but the game froze and I was forced to close it. Upon reopening, the game didn't have any sound (like not even in the menu or anywhere). I tried pressing M several times, but that didn't help either.

Edit: Upon inspecting and messing with the saves, apparently deleting the envdata file fixes the problem, and upon comparing the newly generated file with the backup of the corrupted file, there is a one byte difference between the two.

So the question would be, what is this file for, is deleting it like this fine?

Edit 2: Apparently mute key is no longer M but alt + M, and this makes the sound return even on the old save file. Still, I wonder what envdata is exactly used for here.
vit9696
Администратор

Re: No Sound

Post by vit9696 »

Well, envdata stores mute flag?
Gamer412021

Post by Gamer412021 »

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, it seems to store game settings, but there also seems to be a backup, because even deleting it doesn't seem to reset all game settings (but on the other hand, changing the settings can also change it). That backup might be ons.cfg file in the game folder, but I am not sure. It also seems that readlbl.sav stores your reading status (the lines you have already read), while gloval.sav stores your overall game state (hours played, episodes unlocked, stuff like that). Then each individual save you make is stored in a separate numbered file.

Also there is a screenshot folder, but I cannot find the key for taking screenshots so I am not sure what that is about.

Also as a side note, the FAQ is outdated as "What are the game controls?" only lists "m" as the mute key instead of "alt + m". This can cause possible confusion as it did for me.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

I think it was opt+e. But I do not have the game nearby. Also, various files store different data, so it is somewhat hard to reset everything without removing them all.