If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

[EN] No sound in game

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
TemPokins

[EN] No sound in game

Post by TemPokins »

Hi !
I don't really know what to do anymore, I tried to solve the problem by myself but everytime I launch the game, there's no sound at all.

System :
Game version : 8.2b r3976

What I tried :
-Pressing 'M' and 'alt+M'
-Reinstalling everything

I don't think that the problem comes from my PC because the sound works fine with every other apps I open
There's not any mention that the game is muted in the window title bar
The sound is enabled in game preferences

Thanks to anyone that could help me, I don't have a clue about what's going on with my game lol
vit9696
Администратор

Re: [EN] No sound in game

Post by vit9696 »

Hello, I wonder if your hardware does not support 32-bit float sound. You can try other formats by tweaking audioformat in ons.cfg. Please see this message: Re: Sound quality issues (Пост vit9696 #4384)
TemPokins

Post by TemPokins »

Thanks for the answer, but I don't really know how to use ons.cfg. It just looks like a weird file that I can't open, could you please help me ?
Deca

Post by Deca »

TemPokins wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 03:27 Thanks for the answer, but I don't really know how to use ons.cfg. It just looks like a weird file that I can't open, could you please help me ?
Just open with notepad and add the options from Vit link.
TemPokins

Post by TemPokins »

Sorry for the late answer.
I tried everything mentionned in the topic but it still doesn't work at all, my game is always muted and I can't hear any sound at all, pressing alt+m doesn't 'unmute' anything either.
Sometimes, with two of the audioformat values tweaked in ons.cfg, I could hear a little sound while opening or closing the game. It didn't sound like anything directly coming from the game but more like the sound of my PC trying to load the game's audio. Sadly, even then, the sound wouldn't be on and pressing alt+m while in-game didn't change anything

I don't really know if I can do anything about it. Please let me know if something else can be done.