If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Problems on Android 11 (Galaxy s10 plus)

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
Deimos

Problems on Android 11 (Galaxy s10 plus)

Post by Deimos »

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve the problem I have and get to playing the game. Everytime I start the game I get this showing up
BSp0Hqf.jpg
BSp0Hqf.jpg (54.69 KiB) Viewed 8039 times
I attached a screenshot of my game folder for anyone that wants to look over it. I have extracted multiple times with no errors.
Screenshot_20210508-190522_My Files.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-190522_My Files.jpg (493.23 KiB) Viewed 8039 times
I made it to game verification once and never got it to work since then. I have also added the witch hunt scripts and have the latest main scripts and resources. Any help I resolving the issue would be appreciated.
vit9696
Администратор

Re: Problems on Android 11 (Galaxy s10 plus)

Post by vit9696 »

Sorry, given the screenshot, your device is not compatible.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

vit9696 wrote: 09 May 2021, 03:04 Sorry, given the screenshot, your device is not compatible.
Why is that? And will it ever gain support?
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Basically the issue is that we do not have Android devices at all. I can debug on iOS, but not on Android. There is also a bigger issue of different Android devices behaving differently. And they are not just behaving differently, they have various bugs and glitches, like the one you have, which need unintuitive hacks and workarounds we cannot guess prior to exploring them.

Long story short, to support your device we would have had to get it and find a fair amount of time to explore the issue. That means that the fix is unlikely happening from our side. On the other side, the engine is open-source (https://github.com/umineko-project/onscripter-ru), and as long as you provide a patch, the problem may be resolved.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

vit9696 wrote: 09 May 2021, 12:58 Basically the issue is that we do not have Android devices at all. I can debug on iOS, but not on Android. There is also a bigger issue of different Android devices behaving differently. And they are not just behaving differently, they have various bugs and glitches, like the one you have, which need unintuitive hacks and workarounds we cannot guess prior to exploring them.

Long story short, to support your device we would have had to get it and find a fair amount of time to explore the issue. That means that the fix is unlikely happening from our side. On the other side, the engine is open-source (https://github.com/umineko-project/onscripter-ru), and as long as you provide a patch, the problem may be resolved.
Thank you for your detailed response. I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know what to do with it lol. I do appreciate it though. Hopefully someone will see this eventually and help out.