If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Encoding (?) problems while trying to make my own translation

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
GBcrazy

Encoding (?) problems while trying to make my own translation

Post by GBcrazy »

Hello!

So here's the thing, I was wondering if I could create my own translation for portuguese (Portugal's portuguese instead of brazilian portuguese which knox is working on) and started trying stuff. I'm currently using Knox's translation as a base (let me know if I shouldn't be doing that).

Anyway, here onto the technical issue:

- First I got the the Knox Translation working on my umineko on android, all good.
- Then I cloned the umineko-scripting repo, and ran the update-manager.php to create a new pt.txt and pt.file (dscript and script commands)
- Then I replaced pt.file on my phone
- This happened:

So...I'm guessing there is an encoding issue happening somewhere? I'm running the update-manager on Windows 10, I've already tried with php 5.6 and php 7, same issue (the size of pt.file changes a bit tho). Everything else is fine, voice lines and etc, I've tested and I can change the order of scenes as well so my .file is functional. I've also tried making sure pt.txt is using linux line endings and UTF-8 without bom before generating the .file but still no luck.

Any help is appreciated! Not sure if this is the best place but couldn't find any docs on this
GBcrazy

Re: Encoding (?) problems while trying to make my own translation

Post by GBcrazy »

Just a quick update, it seems I got it working while running the update-manager on linux.

It's the dscript command which is making the difference, while running it on windows it's not replacing all the japanese chars, did that happen with anyone else? Anyway, got it working - will try debugging it later just for curiosity.