If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

[EN] Typos

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
Knox
Администратор

Re: [EN] Typos

Post by Knox »

YNagato wrote:But in English at least, it doesn't work. "Thanks to the idiot" would sound like there is a third party who is an idiot and is responsible for something bad that happened to Rosa. But "thanks to idiocy" would eliminate that ambiguity. To say "thanks to idiocy, someone suffers some result" precisely means "it is his fault." But to say "thanks to the idiot, someone suffers some result," we actually imply the idiot is someone else, not the person who suffers.
Which is true, the idiot is a third party/someone else.
[+] Spoiler
You are reading it as I wrote in the first spoiler tag, right? In all these cases, the 馬鹿 (the Idiot) referred to is Battler, not Kinzo/Genji/Rosa. Battler is blamed in the ep 1 texts for not believing in Beatrice, making all the magic fail, and causing everyone not to be able to go to the Golden Land -- and he is blamed for the exact same thing again in the ep 2 texts.

That's the reason for the capital "I", by the way -- it was meant to indicate that "the Idiot", made into a proper noun, is a singular existence which is referred to across the texts, not just a description for a person who changes according to context.
Confusing, but no more so than the Japanese, I fear, given that you understand Japanese too...
Edit: Saw your edit. :) Don't sweat it, it's good to have a double check :D
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

EP3, "The Witch's Courtroom"
[+] Spoiler
Umineko no Naku Koro ni ~Rondo of the Witch and Reasoning~ (v4.1b) 9_25_2016 7_47_02 PM.png
Umineko no Naku Koro ni ~Rondo of the Witch and Reasoning~ (v4.1b) 9_25_2016 7_47_02 PM.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 12203 times
うみねこのなく頃に ボイスパッチ1.01 9_23_2016 12_09_35 PM.png
うみねこのなく頃に ボイスパッチ1.01 9_23_2016 12_09_35 PM.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 12203 times
Since it is a negative sentence in the Japanese original, here instead of saying "A feels like B," the sentence actually means "A feels NOT like B," implying "A feels less than B." May I suggest modifying the translation as: "To this Battler, it feels even less perceptible than two dragonflies passing by his sides."
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

Sure. That's certainly closer to the original. Will fix.
whitehelm

Post by whitehelm »

Ep 2, Chessboard Preparations, "seasaw"

Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

Whoa. Thanks!