If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

A couple of feedbacks

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
pamput

A couple of feedbacks

Post by pamput »

Hi to everyone!

Great project!
I would like to give you a couple of feedbacks if you don't mind. I'm not sure If I'm expected to do it here or in some other topic, so feel free to move this thread somewhere else or to delete it.

Here go my observations:

- The credits at the end are way too long/slow (considering that there are two credit rolls, one after the other, the original and yours). It would not be an issue per se, but they are not skippable and it takes forever...
- You should cache the menus :\ it takes forever to open the right click menu or the options in the main menu.
- Sometimes the acting voices are REALLY low compared to the BGM, especially in the 3rd episode.
- Have you considered a mailing list or a rss feed for the updates?

Have you considered releasing the code of the interpreter? I can see you are not incline to release the scripts because of legal reasons (I would be against it as well in your place). But maybe the interpreter code would get some more attention and would bring a couple of spare hands to help you with your job.

Anyway, keep with the fantastic job! ;)
vit9696
Администратор

Re: A couple of feedbacks

Post by vit9696 »

Hi,

Thanks for your warm words. I moved the topic to β-testing since it has more to do with technical details than with Umineko itself ;)

As for the feedback let me try to answer.
The credits at the end are way too long/slow (considering that there are two credit rolls, one after the other, the original and yours). It would not be an issue per se, but they are not skippable and it takes forever...
I guess you mostly mean the original ones, ep2 ones are pretty much dreadful. We will think of making them skippable but it is low-pri because implementing that will take a bit longer than reading the text ;)
You should cache the menus :\ it takes forever to open the right click menu or the options in the main menu.
Hmmm, we already do that to some level. Right-click menu opens in less than a second for me, although it is not cached.
I suppose it depends a lot on the HDD speed and the GPU installed. Could you tell me which ones you use?
We will see what can be done in this area either way but maybe not in the nearest future.
Sometimes the acting voices are REALLY low compared to the BGM, especially in the 3rd episode.
They are matching to PS3, and I am afraid we cannot do anything but suggest you to fine-tune the volume levels in prefs.
If you have certain examples it might be a good idea to point them out, so that we check for a possible sneaky mistake, although it is unlikely.
Have you considered a mailing list or a rss feed for the updates?
α-testers do get e-mail notifications from time to time but this is not optional and limited to the group only.
For the rest we have feeds at least: English | Russian | Forum posts. Google Plus could be of some use as well, but it requires a Google account.
Have you considered releasing the code of the interpreter? I can see you are not incline to release the scripts because of legal reasons (I would be against it as well in your place). But maybe the interpreter code would get some more attention and would bring a couple of spare hands to help you with your job.
It's so terrible honestly :D I might theoretically imagine anything that but we have no plans in this direction at the moment.
pamput

Post by pamput »

Hi vit9696!
I guess you mostly mean the original ones, ep2 ones are pretty much dreadful. We will think of making them skippable but it is low-pri because implementing that will take a bit longer than reading the text
Last time I had to wait for them I got my lunch ready + a cup of tea... And they were still rolling! Jeez...
Hmmm, we already do that to some level. Right-click menu opens in less than a second for me, although it is not cached.
I suppose it depends a lot on the HDD speed and the GPU installed. Could you tell me which ones you use?
We will see what can be done in this area either way but maybe not in the nearest future.
The most dreaded is the option menu. It takes a couple of seconds to render. The VN is installed on and SSD drive. My GPU is a 980GTX :) definitely above average.
They are matching to PS3, and I am afraid we cannot do anything but suggest you to fine-tune the volume levels in prefs.
If you have certain examples it might be a good idea to point them out, so that we check for a possible sneaky mistake, although it is unlikely.
I see. I thought you were normalizing the audio files in some way during the ps3 export. In this case normalizing the one that are low volume would be a killing task. About the examples, I'll try to note them down next time I'll find them.
α-testers do get e-mail notifications from time to time but this is not optional and limited to the group only.
For the rest we have feeds at least: English | Russian | Forum posts. Google Plus could be of some use as well, but it requires a Google account.
Cool! I didn't know.
It's so terrible honestly :D I might theoretically imagine anything that but we have no plans in this direction at the moment.
:mrgreen:

Thanks for all the infos!

Cheers

Ps. I'm the guy that contacted you about the "corrupted" archive :P
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

The most dreaded is the option menu. It takes a couple of seconds to render. The VN is installed on and SSD drive. My GPU is a 980GTX :) definitely above average.
Ngggh, a bit annoying. Config menu is indeed very large (even more complex than PS3 one) and it is loading for quite some time regardless of caching. I will try to improve things but won't give any promises.
Ps. I'm the guy that contacted you about the "corrupted" archive :P
Oh, nice to meet you on the forums (: