If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Dual Monitor, Fullscreen Mode Issue and Another Minor Save Issue

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
YNagato

Dual Monitor, Fullscreen Mode Issue and Another Minor Save Issue

Post by YNagato »

Hi,

This ambitious project, with its state of art, deeply moves and humbles me. It surpasses anything I have seen in the fan circles across the globe. Salute to the Umineko Project team (may I call you comrades?)!

The FAQ, Known Issues, and other forum topics are highly informative and helpful. There are a couple of issues left unresolved to me. Please forgive me if they are already dealt with somewhere in the forum that my eyes might skip.

I am using the most recent B-release that includes ep3, and my system is Windows 10.

1. Dual Monitor, Fullscreen Mode Issue

My system has two monitors. When the game is in fullscreen mode, it can only show on the main display, not on the extended display. That is fine because I can easily re-designate which monitor is the main display. But the problem is whenever I click anything on the extended display, the game on the main display would quit fullscreen and shrink into an icon on the taskbar at the bottom. I have to click the icon to make it into fullscreen again, but it will go minimalized again if I try to work on the extended display.

This might be a general issue for the onscripter, since I come across the same problem in the Umitweak versions. Is there any way to fix it or get around it? (Right now, I just keep the game running in Windowed mode).

2. A Minor Issue with the Save File

I discovered that if the game is running in auto mode and I click to save a file, when I load that file, a green arrow would remain on the upper left corner, which is the indicator for auto mode. But that's misleading because we must have interrupted the auto play in order to save and load a file. So the game would just continue in manual mode, with the misleading green arrow shown at the corner. The arrow would go away if I press A to enter auto mode and press A again to cancel it. This doesn't really affect the gameplay, but it's just a bit weird.

Many thanks for your great work and kind attention!
Knox
Администратор

Re: Dual Monitor, Fullscreen Mode Issue and Another Minor Save Issue

Post by Knox »

Thank you -- glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

Issue 2 is fixed in the latest alpha.

As for issue 1... sorry to hear about that. It's not the first issue we've had with fullscreen, but our fullscreen issues seem to be specific to Windows, and we haven't set time aside to investigate them so far. We'll try to give this a bit more priority -- dual monitors are definitely something we want to support correctly.
YNagato

Re: Dual Monitor, Fullscreen Mode Issue and Another Minor Save Issue

Post by YNagato »

Many thanks for the prompt reply! Can't wait for the next B-release!