If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Song subtitles during EP2 Tea Party credits don't display at native resolution

Community-based support for our public releases.
Общественная поддержка для публичных релизов.
MarisaKirisame

Song subtitles during EP2 Tea Party credits don't display at native resolution

Post by MarisaKirisame »

I don't really have a screenshot of it because every time I try to take one the image is broken (Linux please).

It appears the karaoke subs display at some blurry low resolution (definitely not 720p, that wouldn't be so blurry).

Might just be a Linux thing, I don't know.
“Not only is UNIX dead, it’s starting to smell really bad” — Rob Pike
Knox
Администратор

Re: Song subtitles during EP2 Tea Party credits don't display at native resolution

Post by Knox »

This one is an unfortunate optimization. We use software rendering for subtitles, which works well when rendering a video (OPs etc have 1080p subs), but unfortunately, it means that sub performance is actually lower when subtitles are used with the rest of the game's hardware-accelerated textures. We had to reduce the resolution to get acceptable performance without the video.

If we can think of a way to fix it, we certainly will.
MarisaKirisame

Re: Song subtitles during EP2 Tea Party credits don't display at native resolution

Post by MarisaKirisame »

No HW rendering of subtitles? That's a shame.
“Not only is UNIX dead, it’s starting to smell really bad” — Rob Pike