If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

[EN] Discussion

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
vit9696
Администратор

[EN] Discussion

Post by vit9696 »

Please, share your experience right here :)
LadyBernkastel

New Patch

Post by LadyBernkastel »

Hello and greetings from Germany :)

I recently saw that you released a new patch for EP1 and I was wondering how I can install it? Because I downloaded the files but strangely I couldn´t do anything with Winrar It would be nice of you to give me advice Ehehe :D
I also downloaded both "background" files and they symbol was not a winrar data 7 zip isn´t working either!

I hope that I´m not in the wrong section.

Greetings

Great Lady Bernkastel

PS: I heard from another source that you are working on tweaking the Higurashi Novels,is that right?
All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!~Furudo Erika
Knox
Администратор

Re: New Patch

Post by Knox »

LadyBernkastel wrote:Hello and greetings from Germany :)

I recently saw that you released a new patch for EP1 and I was wondering how I can install it? Because I downloaded the files but strangely I couldn´t do anything with Winrar It would be nice of you to give me advice Ehehe :D
I also downloaded both "background" files and they symbol was not a winrar data 7 zip isn´t working either!

I hope that I´m not in the wrong section.

Greetings

Great Lady Bernkastel
O great Witch of Miracles,

7-Zip at least should work, but you may not have the file associations set correctly for 7-Zip.
.001 is the one you need to open. You can either use "Open with" -- the program is

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe
or load up the 7-Zip file manager directly (search "7-Zip File Manager" in start) and adjust the file associations from Tools > Options.

Note that you will need the password (explained here) to open these files. If you don't have it, keep hold of the files and consider helping us out with alpha-testing ... the thread for this will open very soon :)
PS: I heard from another source that you are working on tweaking the Higurashi Novels,is that right?
Umineko is likely to be this group's only project. :D
LadyBernkastel

Post by LadyBernkastel »

O great Witch of Miracles,

7-Zip at least should work, but you may not have the file associations set correctly for 7-Zip.
.001 is the one you need to open. You can either use "Open with" -- the program is

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe
or load up the 7-Zip file manager directly (search "7-Zip File Manager" in start) and adjust the file associations from Tools > Options.

Well,I tried this and got an error Can not open File ....as archive.

Note that you will need the password (explained here) to open these files. If you don't have it, keep hold of the files and consider helping us out with alpha-testing ... the thread for this will open very soon :)

I see,maybe it´s the reason that i have Umineko not as an original...but I´m going to buy it soon just don´t know how :D

If it´s okay I´d like to participate in the Alpha/Beta testing. But If I shall write a report that could be kinda complicated because I´m going to school again next week.

I´m also Sorry for not quoting, looks like I forgot that over the centurys :D
And Sorry if my English is sometimes not correct^^

Greetings

Great Lady Bernkastel
All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!~Furudo Erika
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

LadyBernkastel wrote:Well,I tried this and got an error Can not open File ....as archive.
That's... strange...

Maybe the download was incomplete? You could try checking the filesize.

backgrounds_10.07.15.7z.001 should be 1,047,527,424 bytes / 1,022,976 KB / 999 MB.
backgrounds_10.07.15.7z.002 should be 377,126,907 bytes / 368,288 KB / 359 MB.

If those are correct, and you are definitely trying to open the .001 archive, maybe you have too old a version of 7-Zip. It should require v9.35 or newer (15.x series preferred). You can find that information in Help > About in the 7-Zip File Manager.
LadyBernkastel wrote:But If I shall write a report that could be kinda complicated because I´m going to school again next week.
As for this, if you can solve this problem, then bug testing isn't so much different ;) You just need to be able to provide enough exact information to help us find out what's wrong.
LadyBernkastel

Re: [EN] Discussion

Post by LadyBernkastel »

Archbishop Knox,

I solved the problem but now I obviously have the problem that I can´t extract the archive, because I don´t have the password. Do I have a right to partake in the Alpha testing, even when I don´t have the game as an original?

Oh yes and I have the Umitweakpatch on the game, guess I have to delete that when the Alpha testing begins right?

Greetings
Great Lady Bernkastel
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

LadyBernkastel wrote:Archbishop Knox,

I solved the problem but now I obviously have the problem that I can´t extract the archive, because I don´t have the password. Do I have a right to partake in the Alpha testing, even when I don´t have the game as an original?
Yes, we are not requiring that, or we may not get many testers... ;)
Oh yes and I have the Umitweakpatch on the game, guess I have to delete that when the Alpha testing begins right?

Greetings
Great Lady Bernkastel
Our game is independent of the original PC game, so you can leave your original PC game alone, and we suggest installing into a different folder. :)
LadyBernkastel

Post by LadyBernkastel »

Archbishop Knox,

thats good to know thank you :D

I think a Witch such as myself will be from great help ;)

Greetings
Great Lady Bernkastel
Kyuunex

Post by Kyuunex »

Hi, I just came here to give my suggestion since this wasn't in FAQ.

Why not start a kickstarter/indiegogo and legally license this game and then publish it on steam? I would definitely buy if that happened. (I'm a heavy steam user).

(just my suggestion)
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

Kyuunex wrote:Hi, I just came here to give my suggestion since this wasn't in FAQ.

Why not start a kickstarter/indiegogo and legally license this game and then publish it on steam? I would definitely buy if that happened. (I'm a heavy steam user).

(just my suggestion)
It's like this.
  • We believe that there would be too many major roadblocks to getting the game released in its current form (voice licensing, translation licensing, other Alchemist resource licensing, etc.).
  • This port doesn't look like it's generating enough interest that it could fund its way past these -- so many people have already played Umineko in one form or another.
  • We have no replacement lined up for any of the above resources, so we have no leeway in the negotiation of the price. An exorbitant amount could be demanded and we would have no choice but to pay if we wanted to make the game a reality.
  • Our motivations for wanting this game to exist are personal. We want to do things our own way and create the game we envision, not one crippled by external license restrictions and third-party demands.
  • By making official connections with various companies, we don't want to put ourselves in a position where we can be shut down if it doesn't work out. Making this game exist in any form at all is all we want.
  • We don't have any experience in such a business endeavor, and are a very small team that has its hands full just creating the game in the first place.