If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

[EN] Discussion

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
TheGershon

Re: [EN] Discussion

Post by TheGershon »

I'm new to Umineko, what are the differences between the default English script and the Witch Hunt translation? From what I understand, WH was brought on to improve the translation of the officially released PC port, so is the script provided with this the updated version or the original? And is the default English script the version from the original PC port, or a new version by this team?
Kyuunex

Post by Kyuunex »

btw, one other inconvenience, the ending song after episode 2 tea party is not skippable, pressing esc and etc didn't stop it. only alt+f4 did something by closing the whole game. upon booting the game up again, nothing new was unlocked.

i think every OP/ED should be skippable without any exception.
Deca

Post by Deca »

TheGershon wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 04:50 I'm new to Umineko, what are the differences between the default English script and the Witch Hunt translation? From what I understand, WH was brought on to improve the translation of the officially released PC port, so is the script provided with this the updated version or the original? And is the default English script the version from the original PC port, or a new version by this team?
EN script: Witch Hunt translation edited by Umineko Project.
WH script: Witch Hunt translation edited by MangaGamer.

imo "WH" should be renamed to "MG"...
Kyuunex wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 20:39 btw, one other inconvenience, the ending song after episode 2 tea party is not skippable, pressing esc and etc didn't stop it. only alt+f4 did something by closing the whole game. upon booting the game up again, nothing new was unlocked.

i think every OP/ED should be skippable without any exception.
Ending scroll and songs are always synchronized.
I believe you can't skip it in the PS3 version (although you can skip in the Switch/PS4 version)

Skip a 神OP is a sacrilege, but you can do it in the new version tho.