If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

OpenGL Error, PLEASE HELP

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
Ame

OpenGL Error, PLEASE HELP

Post by Ame »

I compiled Onscripter-RU from it's github because they didn't had executable for Linux 32 bit systems,

And it showed this error in logs, (I even ran it in Wine, and it showed me exactly the same error)

Code: Select all

Parsing command-line options from 'ons.cfg'
set:archive_path: "/home/vansh/Umineko/"
Available crash reporter features error code 0
save:archive_path: "/home/vansh/.onscripter/ONScripter-e21d7/:/home/vansh/Umineko/"
Trying to initialise GL2 renderer
GPU_CreateTargetFromWindow: BACKEND ERROR - Renderer major version (2) is incompatible with the available OpenGL runtime library version (1).
GPU_InitRendererByID: BACKEND ERROR - Renderer OpenGL 2 failed to initialize properly
glDeleteFramebuffersNOOP: Unsupported operation
 ***[Fatal] Init Error: Couldn't init OpenGL with 1920x1080 resolution ***
As you can see, something is outdated

Code: Select all

Renderer major version (2) is incompatible with the available OpenGL runtime library version (1).
But I'm not exactly sure what should i do, i tried googling and all but no luck,

vit9696
Администратор

Re: OpenGL Error, PLEASE HELP

Post by vit9696 »

I think you may have missed mesa development packages when compiling the engine. As a result SDL was probably built without hardware acceleration support. The other possibility is that you have no hardware acceleration driver installed.
Ame

Post by Ame »

vit9696 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 13:37 I think you may have missed mesa development packages when compiling the engine. As a result SDL was probably built without hardware acceleration support. The other possibility is that you have no hardware acceleration driver installed.
Is hardware acceleration a must to run this game ?
I compiled the game engine exactly how the docs told me to, on github, are there any additional stuff i should be doing ?

Is there anything i can do to run the game ?
Thanks a lot for the reply
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Is hardware acceleration a must to run this game ?
Yes, you must have a driver supporting OpenGL 2.x.
I compiled the game engine exactly how the docs told me to, on github, are there any additional stuff i should be doing ?
Like I said, it looks like you have some packages missing, but I cannot say the exact names as it varies from GPU to GPU.