If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

[EN] Sound broke

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
PurplePudding

[EN] Sound broke

Post by PurplePudding »

My friend was reading Episode 3, and after advancing to a certain line, the sound cut out completely and was unable to be restored by any standard means, including updating the .exe from r2531 to r2757. I had to reinstall the sound files in order to get it working again. I'm not certain of the exact line, but it was in Chapter Virgilia, and around the time where Virgilia, Battler, Ronove, and Beatrice are talking in the meta world and Beatrice gets flustered and taken away by Ronove.

The machine was running Windows 10 64-bit. I can get more diagnostic information if you need it.
vit9696
Администратор

Re: [EN] Sound broke

Post by vit9696 »

Hi, are you sure you did not hit the [M]ute key on the keyboard? As far as I know there is really nothing among the known issues that could cause the behaviour like this.
If not, since replacing the sound files worked for you, I would expect it to be coincidence. Perhaps sound driver crashed, or your filesystem got corrupted.
PurplePudding

Post by PurplePudding »

That may have been the issue. I was not aware there was a mute button. Does the mute toggle persist between instances of the executable?
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Yes, it does. Perhaps it might be a good idea to leave some indication for it...
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

We had a discussion on this topic, and agreed to change some less common keyboard bindings. Here is the list of changed ones:
- shift+q (quit) — removed, use standard cmd+q (alt+f4)
- m (mute) — changed to opt+m (alt+m)
- s (skip) — changed to opt+s (alt+s)
- e (screenshot) — changed to opt+e (alt+e)
- DualShock HOME — bound to screenshot