If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Automode

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
gaspard

Automode

Post by gaspard »

Hi, first of all thank you so much for the incredible work you have done and continue doing, really amazing!

I was wondering if there is a way to make the game automatically turn automode on when there is voiced dialogue and off when there is narration.

The reason for this is that I find that the flow of the voiced dialogue is not too good when automode is off since I can accidentally click when the voice was not done, or else I'll wait too long because I don't want to cut it off but it disturbs the flow of the dialogue with all the pauses. With automode on it feels perfect, like watching subtitled anime. But the problem is then when the narration comes, the chosen speed for the automode in the config might feel too quick or too slow depending on the text, so it would be better to have it off then to decide myself when to continue (if I click it turns automode off, having to turn it on again manually on the next dialogue).

Another solution to improve the flow might be to make it so that automode is on within the same text box, but off just before it changes to next one so that you decide when to continue, but I am guessing that might be more complicated.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Ok, I found a solution:

1. Set the automode speed to the minimum
2. Have the automode always on
3. Use the mouse wheel (down) to continue to next line during narration (this doesn't turn off automode as clicking or using the right arrow does).
Knox
Администратор

Re: Automode

Post by Knox »

That is very close to what I was going to suggest :)

We weren't aware that mouse wheel down bypasses the automode disabler on click (that's actually a bug), but if we fix it we will provide an ons.cfg option to make clicks preserve automode. That's not likely to happen before EP5, though.
gaspard

Post by gaspard »

Well actually if you can leave the bug on that would be even better hehe :) , because it is way more comfortable for the hand to scroll down than constantly clicking (edit: I couldn't find a way to imitate the wheel behavior with an xbox controller though, both the d-pad and the B-button turn automode off, or if the analog sticks are touched, would be nice if the wheel down action could somehow be implemented for e.g. the right analog stick or d-pad).

Sometimes the voices jumped a little too quickly between sentences so I also added the "voicedelay-time=milliseconds" that you mentioned in another thread and experimented with different numbers and found that more or less 250 ms give the most natural flow.
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

gaspard wrote:Well actually if you can leave the bug on that would be even better hehe :) , because it is way more comfortable for the hand to scroll down than constantly clicking
Don't worry, we don't plan to remove functionality. Whatever we code we'll make sure you can still use the wheel for this.
gaspard wrote:Sometimes the voices jumped a little too quickly between sentences so I also added the "voicedelay-time=milliseconds" that you mentioned in another thread and experimented with different numbers and found that more or less 250 ms give the most natural flow.
It's nice to hear it's helping. If I remember correctly, PS3 has no delay, which is why it's not default.
gaspard wrote:would be nice if the wheel down action could somehow be implemented for e.g. the right analog stick
We'll think about it :)
gaspard

Post by gaspard »

Knox wrote:Don't worry, we don't plan to remove functionality. Whatever we code we'll make sure you can still use the wheel for this.
Cool thanks! :)
Knox wrote:It's nice to hear it's helping. If I remember correctly, PS3 has no delay, which is why it's not default.
Yeah I guess it kind of depends on how much silence they put within the voice files before/after the recorded dialogue (there is practically none in the voice ogg files, nobody takes an inbreathe in Umineko :lol: ).
Knox wrote:
gaspard wrote:would be nice if the wheel down action could somehow be implemented for e.g. the right analog stick
We'll think about it :)
Now that I think about it more carefully, it's probably not necessary. It is actually quite comfortable with the d-pad (right) or B button even with constant use (it feels a little awkward with the analog sticks to be honest), but thanks anyway :D
tjuhola3

Post by tjuhola3 »

Speaking of automode, is there anyway to make the green small arrow disappear while automode is on? It's okay if not, but it bothers me little bit (I know sounds odd)
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

The only way I could imagine for now will be to replace graphics/system/automode.png with a transparent image :)
gaspard

Post by gaspard »

That is exactly what I did at first, but then it bothered me even more not being sure if automode was still on (during narrations) or if I accidentally turned it off :lol:
So instead I replaced the image with this inconspicuous small arrow that is placed at the bottom of the screen (not very fancy but it made me forget about it when playing):
Attachments
automode.zip
(13.32 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

You might find another configuration option also useful:

final-voicedelay-time=2200
[you can change the number to any others]

That's for the delay at the end of the last dialogue line before the page is turned. The original "voicedelay-time" doesn't have that function, and the page would be immediately turned and there would be no any delay for you to catch the last dialogue line.