If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Ran into a little problem here

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
ritsulaw

Re: Ran into a little problem here

Post by ritsulaw »

Following that tutorial I managed to install it manually, but I still get the same error when trying to launch the game. I guess it's just that my video card isn't compatiple with it. But it's fine, I mean, I played the first chapter of the game already on my PC copy using the ps3 sprites patch, and apart from the horrible resolution and lack of CG's, it's still better than my PS3 copy; I tried playing it a little(i'm fluent in japanese so that's not a problem) but, even tough the graphics and engine are eons better, it just doesn't feel right to play a visual novel on a console. I'll try playing a few more chapters on the original VN before I finally buy a good video card, and then I'll definitly switch to the version made by you guys. By what i've seen on videos it really looks fantastic, even better than the ps3 version, and it's amazing for you guys do all that for free, so I'd like to thank you all by your hard work. And thank you for the help too, it's rare for a developer to care so much about just one error like this. :)
Oh, and I'm loving the game so far, I can definitely see why you guys wanted to give such a special treatment to it like this.
vit9696
Администратор

Re: Ran into a little problem here

Post by vit9696 »

It is a bit unfortunate that it did not work, but I would have to admit it was not unlikely from the beginning.
Even if we did get the game launch, the performance would have been not so good.

As for ps3 and our port differences, let me be honest, they are not as great as you might think, probably it is more to do with the taste and preference. Aside some small alterations coming from PC and PSP, I could only remember a single significant visual change compared to PS3: stateful effect transitions. PS3 does not have enough power to preserve before scene animations (e.g. rain) during the transition from before to after. And that's probably all of it, the rest is more or less 1:1.

Anyway, I hope you could enjoy the game to the fullest with a discrete gpu later.