If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Can't seem to play on my laptop................

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
dineko

Can't seem to play on my laptop................

Post by dineko »

I did everything the guide told me to do and when I try to run an error message pops up saying that
"Failed to initialize Open GL"
Does this game support DirectX Or software rendering?
vit9696
Администратор

Re: Can't seem to play on my laptop................

Post by vit9696 »

Hi,
This error message implies that you do not have the latest/correct graphics drivers installed.
The game does not support software rendering, because this way it will be very slow, and neither it does support DirectX, because it has a terrible API and is not available on macOS, which is the main target platform.
Unfortunately sometimes it is not easy find the working video drivers for laptops, but without the hardware info I could not help you.
dineko

Post by dineko »

Oh...I have a Dell Inspiron 1440.and its a old laptop. Sorry for wasting your time.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Google says different Inspiron 1440 editions have different GPUs. Generally the one used is GMA 4500.
Dell offers a very old one (http://www.dell.com/support/home/ed/en/ ... 40/drivers), but on Intel website you could find a more or less recent driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=81515.
Perhaps it would work.
dineko

Post by dineko »

I'll try.Thanks for taking your time to answer !
and on a completly unrelated note is it possible to make the vanilla version of ONscripter run in widescreen.
Last edited by dineko on 17 Oct 2016, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

It is, but will require rewriting or patching the engine and recompiling it. I do not remember exactly what you could change though.
dineko

Post by dineko »

Oh sorry.I thought that I read somewhere in a japanese site that you could change the size of the NScripter window.sorry for wasting your time.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

You could do that, but by default nscripter, onscripter and all the other forks only support 4:3 aspect resolutions: 640x480, 800x600 and probably some others.
dineko

Post by dineko »

Alright guess I'll have to use krirkiriZ or KAG3 (It's for a project i'm making)
dineko

Post by dineko »

IT WORKS!
IT WORKS!
IT WORKS!
Thank you so much!,I thought it wouldnt't
Seriously though having a developer of a game help you out is really something amazing.
:D