If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Hi! Thanks! bug in the FAQ and a question on Chiru

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
newtonseple

Hi! Thanks! bug in the FAQ and a question on Chiru

Post by newtonseple »

First of all, Hi! I registered some time ago, with a hope of reporting bugs and being useful, and still live in that hope. All I can report so far is that the game scales beautifully to the Surface Pro 4 display, once you disable Microsoft's display scaling for it.

Secondly, I will express my gratitude and encouragement to the admins and everyone involved for undertaking the task of putting together a definitive version of this work, keeping quality and compatibility in mind from start to finish. Thank you :), well done with Rondo, and best of luck going forward.

Third, something is wrong with the FAQ. A couple of questions (ironically including one asking for help with the website) are trapped in a link href. See picture:

Fourth, as the Chiru alpha draws closer, i wonder what you will be doing with the intro videos. With Rondo it was easy, as only one of the intros exist with PS3 sprites anyway, but in Chiru both intros exist with PS3 sprites (http://youtu.be/JVFWNKM09kQ and http://youtu.be/rWwRY3GJc1A). Will you be using the PS3 intro everywhere, or will you be inserting the fan-made PC openings with PS3 sprites? Or leaving it as an option?
Myself, I feel that the PC openings have their place, and distinguish 5-6 from 7-8 in a nice way, so I would use the PS3 intro for starting the game, and the PC intros (with PS3 sprites) in the story. But then again, I know this port attempts to approximate the PS3 version.

-newtonseple
vit9696
Администратор

Re: Hi! Thanks! bug in the FAQ and a question on Chiru

Post by vit9696 »

Hi / Morning,
All I can report so far is that the game scales beautifully to the Surface Pro 4 display, once you disable Microsoft's display scaling for it.
I think you may not need to disable scaling, you could just set the real window resolution in ons.cfg. SP4 has a HDPI screen, wiki says it is 2736x1824 with 267 ppi, so my guess will be to try half less — window-width=1368 or maybe quarter less — window-width=1782.
Secondly, I will express my gratitude and encouragement to the admins and everyone involved for undertaking the task of putting together a definitive version of this work, keeping quality and compatibility in mind from start to finish. Thank you :), well done with Rondo, and best of luck going forward.
Thank you, thank you :)
Third, something is wrong with the FAQ. A couple of questions (ironically including one asking for help with the website) are trapped in a link href.
Indeed. Fixed it. As it comes out FAQ gets least attention.
Fourth, as the Chiru alpha draws closer, i wonder what you will be doing with the intro videos. With Rondo it was easy, as only one of the intros exist with PS3 sprites anyway, but in Chiru both intros exist with PS3 sprites (http://youtu.be/JVFWNKM09kQ and http://youtu.be/rWwRY3GJc1A). Will you be using the PS3 intro everywhere, or will you be inserting the fan-made PC openings with PS3 sprites? Or leaving it as an option?
Myself, I feel that the PC openings have their place, and distinguish 5-6 from 7-8 in a nice way, so I would use the PS3 intro for starting the game, and the PC intros (with PS3 sprites) in the story. But then again, I know this port attempts to approximate the PS3 version.
As for that it is a bit complicated to answer. PS3 has… 3 OPs first of all: op4, op56, op78. Two of these are mentioned by you, and none from the list are "fan-made". All of these are the official openings made by Alchemist. All of the three chiru ops are used in the ps3 game. As for game start ep4 is showed before completing ep5 prologue, ep56 is showed during the first two eps, and ep78 is showed during the second two. Additionally ep56 and ep78 play in the corresponding places in the episodes. We will follow all of this.
The only difference we have with PS3 is that they seem to cycle openings if a player doesn't touch the game for some while (30 secs if I remember correctly), and we do not.

As for fan-made openings I only know about Rondo opening. We had a thought of including it but so far did not. There also was Pachinko op. If chiru also has something it is probably worth mentioning.
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

Just to follow up: how about adding to Question Arc, EP4 this fan-made op using the original PC version song with PS3 sprites? https://youtu.be/hU_vECs4i10
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

YNagato wrote:Just to follow up: how about adding to Question Arc, EP4 this fan-made op using the original PC version song with PS3 sprites? https://youtu.be/hU_vECs4i10
Depends on what you meant. Like I said:
We had a thought of including it but so far did not.
If you mean making it an optional replacement to the existent op we have no plans for it. However, you could simply replace video/720p/op.mp4 and video/1080p/op.mp4 with this op video and sound/bgm/op.ogg with this op audio. After launching the game it will have get the op changed everywhere.
If you mean extra content so far there are no plans for it as well. And you cannot really do anything with it.
newtonseple

Post by newtonseple »

vit9696 wrote:All of these are the official openings made by Alchemist. All of the three chiru ops are used in the ps3 game. As for game start ep4 is showed before completing ep5 prologue, ep56 is showed during the first two eps, and ep78 is showed during the second two. Additionally ep56 and ep78 play in the corresponding places in the episodes. We will follow all of this.
The only difference we have with PS3 is that they seem to cycle openings if a player doesn't touch the game for some while (30 secs if I remember correctly), and we do not.
Ah, I see. That's perfect :) I haven't played the PS3 version of Chiru, so I assumed that it was like with Rondo, with just the one op, and fan created remakes of the PC ops (after all, the youtube video is titled "Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru PC OP 1 (EP5-6) with PS3 sprites").

So in other words, Alchemist remade the PC ops for Chiru, but did not for Rondo? That's odd..
vit9696 wrote:I think you may not need to disable scaling, you could just set the real window resolution in ons.cfg.
I'll try that. But with display scaling off in "compatibility settings" and window-width=2736 the UI was pixel perfect and the sprites/backgrounds looked fine. My experience with Windows's display scaling is that it blurs everything it scales, which may work well for images, but totally destroys UI. So I think it's rather a matter of Windows not understanding by itself that ons-ru can do its own scaling.
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

vit9696 wrote:you could simply replace video/720p/op.mp4 and video/1080p/op.mp4 with this op video and sound/bgm/op.ogg with this op audio. After launching the game it will have get the op changed everywhere.
Just for fun, I experimented the alternative op a bit. The only obstacle is after I changed the ogg file, the game engine says some files are missing and then quits. It seems at the outset the engine would check the integrity of the files. I could change the ogg file only after the game is lauched.

How could I make the engine recognize the new ogg file as a valid one? I have made it the same sample rate and bit rate. Do I need to make it the same size?

Sorry for bothering you with this, but I am just curious about the inside secret of the engine!
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Hmmm. Indeed we check it, it is as simple as file size. However, there also are drawbacks that include song names and subtitles. For that reason I added an official way to use yo-yu op. Try it in the alpha forums and report. If it goes smoothly we will include it in an update.
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

Report: It's Perrrrrrrrfectttttttt!!! Now Mammon asks me to ask you for the yo-yu op subtitles. :mrgreen:
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

The executioner self of mine predicts the witch hunt initiated by our archbishop to eliminate heresy and pseudodemons. :mrgreen:
For real… maybe if someone times the thing we could possibly try looking at it sooner or later, but notably finding a better quality video should also be considered.
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

vit9696 wrote:maybe if someone times the thing we could possibly try looking at it sooner or later
約束よ!Japanese parts translated and timed:
[+] Spoiler
yo wo watariyuku tsuki ni 
As the moon crosses the night sky
00:28.07-00:30.25

shio wa takaku michite
the waves grow enraged
00:31.03-00:34.12

umineko no naku koe wa 
The cry of seagulls
00:34.23-00:37.14

fuon no kumo wo maneku
beckons the turbulent clouds
00:37.19-00:40.24

konjiki no noroi to
The golden curse
00:41:04-00:43.30

nokosareshi kotoba to
the words left behind
00:44.12-00:47.09

himeyaka na hohoemi wa 
and the secretive smile
00:47.16-00:50:17

kurenai ni nijimu
all become smeared with crimson
00:50.25-00:53.23

tozasareta hitomi de
With closed eyes
00:53.27-00:57.17

nani wo motomete'ru
what are you looking for?
00:57.21-01:00.17

kowareta sono kakera wo
Even if you may try to collect
01:00.22-01:04.02

atsumete mite mo
the shattered fragments
01:04.09-01:06.19

fureta yubi wo koboreru
they shall spill from the hands that touch them
01:06.24-01:10.21

kimi ni todokanai
and never reach you
01:10.27-01:13.19

kazarareta kyojitsu
The glossed truths and lies
01:13.20-01:16.22

ai ga nakereba mienai
without love, you won’t be able to see
01:16:25-01:21.08
Last edited by YNagato on 22 Sep 2016, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.