If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

Hi! Thanks! bug in the FAQ and a question on Chiru

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
YNagato

Re: Hi! Thanks! bug in the FAQ and a question on Chiru

Post by YNagato »

I found the place now! Sorry my eyes skipped at 3 am...

The Japanese original is in active voice, with the topicalization of the objects:
"The artful truths and lies -- without love, you can't see“ = "Without love, you can't see the artful truths and lies."
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

About active vs. passive voice: that was for consistency. I wouldn't be averse to discussing how we translate that phrase within the game (let me know!), but right now, 「愛がなければ視えない」 is "Without love, it cannot be seen", and I was trying not to diverge from that translation by changing the voice. This phrase is currently unchanged from the way WH translated it.

As for "it" vs. "they", that should probably be changed. It might be possible to stick with "it" by changing the translation of 虚実... it's a bit of an awkward word to deal with, though. It might be easiest just to make it "they".
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

Oh, of course the voice is not the issue. I was just explaining the issue of singular or plural all depends on the object of the verb. If in this case the object is 虚実, and if we translate it as "truths and lies," then we need to use "they" instead of "it."

虚実 is tricky. And I can see the plural they makes it even more clumsy. What about:
"A decorated truth or lie, without love, it cannot be seen"?
Knox
Администратор

Post by Knox »

What about:
"A decorated truth or lie, without love, it cannot be seen"?
That sounds usable :)

A few other ideas were on my mind:
1) "The embellished half-truth/partial truth"
2) "The/My tapestry of truth and lies"
3) "The/My ornate web of truth and lies"

I think we would like this to be decided quickly, though, so we will go ahead with yours unless we hear back within the next day or two :D
YNagato

Post by YNagato »

I like the poetic one!

The tapestry of truth and lies--without love, it cannot be seen.
newtonseple

Post by newtonseple »

Yes! Definitely "The tapestry of truth and lies".

Also, about the quality of the video... The only 1080p videos I could find are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf5TuBb_EqQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_vECs4i10
The original youtube video mentioned by yo-yu in his post(http://yohyu.blog100.fc2.com/blog-entry-172.html) is down. Probably posted on Alchemist channel or something.

Maybe try asking yo-yu for the original file directly? His email is right there on the blog, and it seems like he is active. Maybe he would even be interested in remaking one or both of the other two openings. One can always dream...
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Dropped him an e-mail. Preferred not to bother somebody with extra work, but asked for a video file. Perhaps he sees a message, and hopefully he still has the file.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Alright, this is now included in the latest update:
https://umineko-project.org/en/2016/10/rondo-refresh/