If you do not receive your verification email after registering, please check your spam folder. You can also get in contact with us via other methods.
Если вы не получили письмо c подтверждением регистрации, пожалуйста, проверьте папку спам. В случае отсутствия письма и там напишите нам другим способом.

How to Install?

Any non-technical Umineko-related stuff.
Всё что угодно на около-Umineko-подобные нетехнические темы.
Tavon

How to Install?

Post by Tavon »

Hello, I've downloaded everything in the download links and was able to extract the zipped files, but after that I'm not really sure what to do? I don't know what to click to make the game run so I just have all of these files sitting with no idea what to do with them. I couldn't find any instructions so I'm sorry if I'm missing something, I'm not very advanced at this. (I am a huge fan of Umineko though)

How do you install this?

Thanks
vit9696
Администратор

Re: How to Install

Post by vit9696 »

Hello,
Your game folder shoukd contain the following folders:
  • backgrounds
  • sprites
  • sound
  • graphics
  • video
and files:
  • chiru.file
  • en.file
  • ru.file
  • default.cfg
  • oncripter-ru_win_rXXXX.exe
(there could be more of them).
To launch the game you need to double-click on oncripter-ru_win_rXXXX.exe you can download from engine section :)
Good luck :)
Tavon

Re: How to Install?

Post by Tavon »

Your post helped me figure it out, thank you for the quick response!
(I'm getting that weird stuttering sound thing but I'm just going to move the game off of my laptop to my desktop and hopefully that'll fix it).
Other than that it works though, thank you!
numberonefan

Post by numberonefan »

I'm getting that weird stuttering sound thing
Is it stuttering during video (e.g. opening) playback or the actual gameplay? If it's the former, then there is not much we can do, unfortunately. The latter would be a worrisome sign for us, though.
Tavon

Post by Tavon »

It's the latter, the sound in the actual game like the voices and such sounds like it's crackling to me.
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Hmm… Could you try adding

Code: Select all

waveout-audio
line to your ons.cfg file? I am afraid your sound card fails to properly play 48 KHz audio, and we can hardly do anything in this case. Does the issue reproduce on both computers? We might need as much details as possible. There seem to be other users with this issue ([EN] Sound crackling), and all use Windows 7. Perhaps you could try following the suggestions I wrote in the other topic? I wonder if some update/driver update is missing, because from what we can tell the original Windows 7 with all updates does not have this issue.
Tavon

Post by Tavon »

i can check, but im not super knowledgeable about this stuff--my desktop is windows 10, while my laptop is windows 7. both have the issue
vit9696
Администратор

Post by vit9696 »

Hmm… We carefully analysed what could cause this, and certainly it is very unlikely that drivers or system prefs could make it on two different computers.
Our suspect is that you obtained old sound files (by either not updating them or overwriting them with an incorrect extraction order) that were encoded with 44.1 KHz frequency, and used them with a new engine demanding 48 KHz ones. Could you try to redownload everything to a fresh folder? I guess we could just go with the sound, extra, onscripter and scripts, but we are not fully sure whether anything else may be corrupted, and in the days of unlimited internet it is not much of a problem to get everything, right?

That will include the following files:
  • backgrounds_03.08.16.7z.001
  • backgrounds_03.08.16.7z.002
  • graphics_03.08.16.7z.001
  • graphics_03.08.16.7z.002
  • sound_09.08.16.7z.001
  • sound_09.08.16.7z.002
  • sprites_03.08.16.7z.001
  • video_03.08.16.7z.001
  • extra_09.08.16.7z.001
  • scripts_17.08.16.7z
  • onscripter-ru_win_r2290.7z (Windows XP SP3+ 32-bit)
I really hope it helps. If not, let us know the specs of both of your computers. We would like to know:
— Laptop model / Motherboard model;
— CPU model and frequency;
— Amount of RAM installed;
— GPU model;
— HDD or SSD used with the game.
If you have any trouble finding this you could just go with https://www.getsysteminfo.com tool and send me a personal message with a zip file generated by it (will take about 5 minutes).